The New York Pre-Plan™
Pre Plans established in New York State can be structured in several ways. Consult your tax or legal advisor, or your Gutterman’s professional to decide what is most appropriate for you.
New York Pre-Plan™ Features:
- Your account is administered by the New York State Funeral Directors Association and supervised by the New York State Department of Health, Bureau of Funeral Directing.
- An individual account is held in the purchaser’s name, and insured by the FDIC.
- Revocable contracts are fully refundable to purchaser with all accrued interest.
- Irrevocable contracts can be written to comply with NY State regulations regarding SSI/Medicaid eligibility.
- Irrevocable contracts can be transferred to any funeral provider in the USA.
- Pre–Plan prices are guaranteed if the contract has been paid in full (excluding cash advance items). The Pre Plan account earns a very competitive rate of interest which enables Gutterman’s to guarantee the price of a funeral by using the interest to cover future increases in our costs.
About the Pre-Plan
In the wake of a loss, family members are overwhelmed with grief and sadness. Yet precisely at this time of emotional upheaval they will be required to make countless important decisions. The responsibility of making funeral arrangements is a significant one. If you have not been clear about your final wishes, if your family has to guess what you “would have wanted,” the process becomes even more difficult.
Pre-arrangements, commonly known as a Pre–Plan, can remove all the guesswork.
A Pre–Plan allows you to make sensitive decisions and thoughtful choices about your funeral—and put them in writing—when you are relaxed and thinking clearly. In consultation with our professional directors, you will be able to review all your options and establish a permanent record of your preferences. The peace of mind that comes from making final decisions ahead of time is a great gift to your family.
Personal Guidance So That Your Wishes Are Fulfilled
At Gutterman’s, our directors and counselors are personally involved with each pre-arrangement. When allowing Gutterman’s to discuss pre-planning, you will be speaking with professional people who provide funeral services tailored to your specific needs. We can arrange for a confidential Pre–Plan conference, at your convenience, with a member of our staff. There is no charge and no obligation for this meeting.
There are slight differences between Pre–Plan accounts established in New York and those established in Florida. If you reside in New York and in Florida we suggest you consult your tax or legal advisor, or your Gutterman’s professional, to determine what option is most advantageous for you.
No matter where you establish your Pre Plan account, it allows you to freeze the price of the funeral services you choose at today’s prices. With funeral costs rising an average of 5% per year, pre-arrangements are a hedge against inflation and should be a cornerstone of your personal financial plan.
Making Changes and Modifications
Through pre-arrangements, your wishes will be fulfilled wherever you live. If you currently live in New York but prefer to be buried elsewhere, Gutterman’s can take care of all the arrangements. We service your needs throughout New York, Florida, the U.S., Canada, Israel and worldwide.
Life brings changes to every family, some anticipated some unanticipated. If you ever need to make changes in your arrangements, we respect your wishes at all times and will be happy to accommodate you. Simply call us.
Pre-Planning in Florida
Preneed contracts entered into in Florida offer the security of guaranteed prices for services and merchandise selected, providing a ‘hedge’ against inflation. If you are a resident of New York and Florida, we suggest you consult your tax or legal advisor to help you decide where to establish your prearrangements.
Features of Florida Preneed Contracts
- Funds are trusted by Gutterman Warheit Memorial Chapel pursuant to Florida law.
- Preneed Contracts are regulated by the Florida Board of Funeral, Cemetery and Consumer Services and must strictly comply with Florida law.
- Preneed Contracts may be cancelled at any time. Funds paid for services and cash advance items are fully refundable. Funds paid for merchandise will be refunded if Gutterman Warheit Memorial Chapel cannot or will not deliver the merchandise items. However, Preneed Contracts can be made irrevocable for those receiving or applying for certain types of public assistance.
- Payment plans are available and can be tailored to fit the needs of the Preneed Contract purchaser.